Friday, January 21, 2005

eventful day

English class was very interesting today.
just before the class, a chair broke when Johanna, a chronically unucky member of our class (she recently got hit by a car that didnt stop at a crosswalk), sat on it. according to our teacher, it was probably caused by people leaning back and rocking on the chair, weakening the legs. now I see the light of all of the parental and teacherly warnings against leaning back like that.
I also signed up for the International Award today during lunch, before English class. it should be an interesting set of adventures to embark upon this year.
at the beginning of this lesson, V got mad and started yelling (or something) at Arnold, who was standing on the other side of the room.
"what's wrong," the teacher asked V.
"A's annoying me! he keeps on annnoying me. every time i look at him, he just starts annoying me!"
"I'll talk to you two later."

Also during lunch, something happened involving someone we shall call John (same non-john person from the Newsletter story) and a few other people. I won't go into much detail, but when he came into English class, he was holding a pack of ice to his forehead. (please don't take offense, man, I'm just telling the truth)
"what happened?" we asked.
"um... I ran into a door in a funny way." says John.
On a few occasions I have suspected him of telling little fibs like that, but normally don't say it out loud. this was one of those times that I didn't.
a few minutes into the lesson our principal came into the classroom, asked the class a few questions about the incident involving John's ice pack and lunchtime.
eventually, he sent John (and maybe a few others, don't remember) down to his office to wait for him.
as the principal was leaving, our teacher, jumping on the opportunity, asked him,
"while you're here, could you take these two(A and V) with you and have a talk with them?"
it turned out later that John's injury had been caused by getting a drumstick thrown at his head. according to one account, he was knocked unconcious by it for a number of minutes.
must've been a pretty hard throw, or at least a heckofa heavy drumstick!

this evening, I also finally talked to Marina, the daughter of my piano teacher from Brazil.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clear a few things up John = Paul

I don't take offense to what you say about me just so long as its not malicious or false.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

ok. From now on, I'll call you Paul. and if you want me to take something down about you, I can switch that part back to a different name. Deal?

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats fine, don't worry about it.

--
Paul

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home