Tuesday, January 18, 2005

the Student Newsletter: Part 1

As you may already know, I am a co-editor of the Stuent Newsletter at my school. We put an issue out about every month. until today, our Crew consisted of only 9th graders. but finally, we got a few people interested from other grades. Ironically, the founder of the Newsletter, our previous 'editor in chief,' quit today also.
It's a pretty lengthy story about how he came to be the editor and then not the editor and then not part of the newsletter.

It all started last school year, in the beginning of 2004. The person in question, who we will call John, had a brilliant idea to create a student newsletter. I must admit, as Paul's best friend at the time, that I was very sceptical about wether the idea would work at all. however, plenty of other 8th graders came along with Paul ant I to create the first Newsletter team. we voted on Louise to be our editor, and Louise appointed John as her co-editor, along with me. the year passed without much event (we got 3 issues out), besides John's title being changed to Project Manager from co-editor, scince he did not actually do any editing work except for a couple of comments here and there, but he only helped organize meetings, give helpful comments here and there, and generally sit/walk around looking important.
Louise, the editor, left at the end of the year to a different school. Before leaving, she appointed Carro(not her real name) and I to be the Editors for the next year, with Carro being the 'yelling editor', who keeps everyone roughly in line(not literally), and me being the editor who does most of the funneling of people's work into the newsletter using Microsoft Publisher. this decision was supported by the rest of the crew, as far as I can remember.
However, sometime during the summer break, Loiuse apparently changed her mind and decided to appoint John as the Cheif Editor above Carro and I, scince she felt his initiative was needed to keep the Newsletter together.
This caught very much by surprise when I returned to school and found out.

Beep Beep Beep
blogging time is up for today.
to be continued: I really have to do homework NOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home