Monday, January 17, 2005

ME

I haven't said much so far about the longish-term me. incase you haven't noticed, the previous posts are all short stories of one boring sort or another. so...
where to start.
I live in Sweden. It is dark in the winter and the people all speak a language that, with all due respect, sounded hilarious when I got here. it was like they were all speaking Martian or something.
Scince then I have pretty much gotten over it, and have made a dent or two in the language barrier. It kind of slows things down that the Swedes almost all speak English. It may seem like that would make it easier to learn Swedish, but the truth is that it discourages people from learning the language because they think they don't need it and they don't get enough practice.
So it is even harder to communicate with the few people here who don't speak English.
I have lived here for 1 and 1/2 years.
before this I was living in Brazil. maybe I'll post some stories from there later.
before Brazil, I lived in my home country, the U.S.A., for 4 years. In Fox Mill, Herndon, VA. before that, I lived in Japan. Before that, I lived in the U.S.A. for less than a year. Prior to that, I was born.
so that's my life so far in a nutshell. or seashell. or maybe turtle.
That's my life in a turtle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home