Thursday, February 17, 2005

I'm back!

Got back from the ski trip on Sunday, but I've been too swamped with projects due this week and the next to do any blogging, axcept to answer one of Paul's comments.
on other fronts, I opened up a dead hard drive. I should be putting up a gallery of photos somewhere, but as I said, I've got a coupla projects to work on.
I also got a new MP3 player to replace the broken one. i took a while for them to send the replacement and even longer for us to get it through our mail system. and now the Random function isn't working.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that time and random fuction doesn't work? Oh that sucks so bad.

Remind me of the time Johan wanted to try and fix my CD player and the next time I saw it, the only thing that remained was a couple of screws and the plastic shell.

--
Paul

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

you should've given it to me, then. ;)
the random function worked on the other one, but the headphone jack fell in.
Chinese products, the icon of duability.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chinese products, the icon of duability."

That really depends on which factory/group of workers the company exploits in china.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Companies outsource manufacturing work to people in places like China because it's cheap. that's a good thing for the consumer also, because products are much cheaper if they don't cost much to manufacture(duh).

But the bad part is, aside the fact that these workers can be stuck working in horrible conditions for low or no pay, that the cheapest materials possible are also used, the products can be badly made (hand-welded,even) and there can be horrible quality control.

Other than that, I don't know much about specific factories/groups of people. Since you seem to know so much about this, would you like to enlighten me?

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home